The Cabinet is made up of the Leader of the Council and other senior councillors (Cabinet members).
The Cabinet provides political leadership and strategic direction for the council, both within individual portfolio responsibilities and as part of their corporate responsibilities.
They take an active approach to ensuring that decisions made by the council are informed both politically and administratively and the council's executive decisions are collective and made by the cabinet.
Cabinet members are each democratically accountable to the public and are the public face of the council. As such they act as ambassadors for the council's work in improving Brent.
- Cllr Muhammed Butt- Leader of the council
- Cllr Margaret McLennan - Deputy Leader of the Council
- Cllr Shama Tatler - Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Growth, Employment and Skills
- Cllr Harbi Farah - Cabinet Member for Housing and Welfare Reform
- Cllr Krupesh Hirani - Cabinet Member for Community Wellbeing
- Cllr Mili Patel - Cabinet Member for Children and Young People
- Cllr Eleanor Southwood - Cabinet Member for Environment
- Cllr Tom Miller - Cabinet Member for Stronger Communities