The Cabinet is made up of the Leader of the Council and other senior councillors (Cabinet members).
The Cabinet provides political leadership and strategic direction for the council, both within individual portfolio responsibilities and as part of their corporate responsibilities.
They take an active approach to ensuring that decisions made by the council are informed both politically and administratively and the council's executive decisions are collective and made by the cabinet.
Cabinet members are each democratically accountable to the public and are the public face of the council. As such they act as ambassadors for the council's work in improving Brent.
- Cllr Muhammed Butt- Leader of the council
- Cllr Margaret McLennan - Deputy Leader of the Council
- Cllr Shama Tatler - Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Highways and Planning
- Cllr Harbi Farah - Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care
- Cllr Krupesh Hirani - Cabinet Member for Public Health, Culture and Leisure
- Cllr Mili Patel - Cabinet Member for Children's Safeguarding, Early Help and Social Care
- Cllr Eleanor Southwood - Cabinet Member for Housing and Welfare reform
- Cllr Krupa Sheth - Cabinet Member for the Environment
- Cllr Amer Agha - Cabinet Member for Schools, Employment and Skills
- Cllr Tom Miller - Cabinet Member for Community Safety
You can find out more information on our Cabinet here.